Our Chapel

The current chapel was built in 1899 with the foundation stone being laid on May 24th. It replaced the original church which was built in 1833.

The original building was built on the land behind the later church and is currently in use for the Army Cadets.

The land which both buildings were built on was originally purchased from the Coffee Tavern Trust in 1832 by a group of Trustees. On April 1st 1833 the Trustees were sold a further 20 square yards of land and construction of the original building started shortly afterwards.

In 1899 the new chapel was built and the old building became the sunday school until it changed to its current role as a meeting place for the army cadets.